What is Massage Therapy?
Hot massage therapy melts away tension, eases muscle stiffness and increases circulation and metabolism. Each hot massage therapy session at Mind & Body Connection promotes deeper muscle relaxation through the placement of heated towels at key points on the body. The use of hot towels offers enhanced benefits. In preparation for the treatment, the massage therapist heats the towels until they are within a precise temperature range, typically between 110 and 135 degrees.
The premise behind the hot massage therapy is that the direct heat of the towels relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist access to their deeper muscle layers. Combining hot towel protocols with a full body massage provides a very healing and effective experience. The hot towels also expand blood vessels, which encourages blood flow throughout the body.
While massage therapists often use anatomy to guide the placement of the hot towels, our therapists will also place towels on points thought to energetically balance the mind and body. In addition to the hot towels, massage therapists at Mind & Body Connection may use Swedish massage techniques.
Benefits of Massage Therapy include:
- Provides relief from pain associated with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms
- Reduces chronic stress and tension
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
- Promotes sleep
- May help relieve symptoms of autoimmune disease
- May boost immunity
- Decreases muscle spasms